MUSCLELAB Software (latest release)
Release date: May 13th 2022
This version requires valid serial number thru April 2022 to install
Changes in this version:
Fix: Setup program could have trouble to connect to license server.
- Sprint test w/timing gate did not update correctly when introducing new start modes.
- DynaSpeed test could crash when shifting between atheletes, especiallay in auto save mode.
Bug fix: Import of some exported tests failed.
Bug fix: DynaSpeed was not always initiated currectly when running through the USB interface
Bug fix: Laser report did not always show correctly when trigger (contact grid or timing gate) was used as start.
- Dynaspeed instant show of ‘key data’ (Sl, Sf, Vmax etc) did show if used in auto save mode
- Firmware update of Laser unit indicated ‘fail’ even if updata was made without error.
Bug fix: Dynaspeed data did not save correctly
1- Added live view for dynaSpeed sensor.
2- Added 30m fly calc.
3- Added trigger-based start modes for tests with laser and dynaSpeed.
4- Added calculation of step length and step frequency to Laser and DynaSpeed by analyzing the velocity oscillations
5- Added possibility to import people from csv file.
6- Implementation of new software licensing system.
7- Added possibility to change user/organization name in settings.
8- Added a new tab for instant presentation of key values for speed during test.
9- Added person PID check when importing new person into muscleLAB.
1- dynaSpeed sensor can be used as an encoder in dynamic strength test. (e.g for change of direction training)
2- Modified sensors panel in test view.
3- Improved numeric control.
4- Extended people import with possibility to select into which group people should be imported.
1- Fixed issue with save button in strength test.
2- Fixed application crash when trying to print F/V graph.
3- Fixed issue with jump test recalculations
4- Different bug fixes.
Fix: System may ‘hang’ and sync indefinitely if IMU is paired on channel 0 and used ins sprint tests
Fix: Step length was shown in inches even if metric units was selected
- Autodetecting start position in Laser sprint tests.
- Added posbillity to add test participants direcly from TestView
- Added posibility to register new people directly from TestView.
- Sprint tests can now be defined in Yards
- Fixed error when using dual force plates/force sensors.
- Fixed confusions using comma or point as decimal separator for data export to spreadsheet.
- Added external I/O sync capabilities for force measurements
- Fixed: Misalignement of coloumn heading when export to spread sheet
- Fixed: Error when opening raw-data if Laser was set as secondary sensor
- Added: Possible to deactivate DynaSpeed optical sensor if exposed to direct sunlight
Fix: Device firmware update failed if only one device was connected via USB
- Fix: Issue with firmware update of DynaSpeed
- Fix: ADA test did not work properly
- Fix: Filtering of velocity could generate artifact at the very end of a sprint with Laser
- Fix: F/V report did not show properly
- Fix: Load in kg was sometimes displayed as pounds.
- Added ’10/20m/yd Fly’ to test view for Laser and DynaSpeed
Fixed bug in tesview when displaying distance in the table for DynaSpeed and Laser test.
- Added 10m, 20m,10yd, and 20yd fly times for Laser and DynaSpeed tests
- Added data per meter/yard for the first 10m/yd Laser and DynaSpeed tests
- Added Kinetic Energy for running
- Improved and unified start detection for DynaSpeed and Laser tests.
- Added: Import/export of tests and people between databases
- Added: Skating kinematics for assisted skating sprints
- Fixed: Microsoft mediaplayer included in setup in case missing in the target PC
- Fixed: DSU update for WiFi support somtimes failed.
Fixed: Failed to save results when using dual force plate with threshold for isometric test
Fixed: Groups did not show correctly
Changed: No longer possible to have different sample rate for the two plates in a dual force plate test.
Fixed: Step detection calculation did not perform correctly
- Added support for the new dynaSpeed Sprint Pro 120m
- Added support for the new DSU-Lite
- Added support for wireless connection to DSU, DSU-Lite and dynaSpeed via Wi-Fi
- Added support for the new finger strength board (climbing force)
- Various stability and bug fixes
Quick fix: Error in test could occur when using Goniometer
Optimized EMGrms calculation for significantly higher speed.
Fixed: issues related to firmware update of DynaSpeed
Fixed: Input control for RFD calculation was not working correctly
Fixed: Missing reps when using encoder.
Added several parameters for SJ and CMJ using single or dual force plates
Fixed: Automatic retriveal and re-assignment of IMUs to sprinters in sprint tests.
Fixed: Laser battery indicator did not show if laser was connected by wire.
Fixed: User-setting of DynaSpeed pull-in speed was not always retrieved correctly.
Fixed: Filtering of report data on group level could cause error.
Fixed: Potential sync issue that may cause test to terminate
Fixed: Program hang if showing live streaming window with DynaSpeed
Fixed graph scaling issue in force test when changing between subjects
Step detection: Added new parameters and allowed re-calculation biometrics of sprinter were intially incorrect.
Added split times and velocities in DynaSpeed test view.
- Horiszontal F/V charts did not always show correctly in Report
- Export of Split times from Laser tests to Spreadsheet was organized incorreectly
- Saving test with wireless wearable sensors could fail
- Radio signal strength indicator did now show
- RSI in Hopping test is now avaraged from the best 5.
- Added more parameters in step detection (Fmax, cl/Ll index, vertical oscillation, stiffness++).
DynaSpeed firmware did not update properly
Drop Jump on force plate gave incorrect GCT
Running analysis with laser and contact grid failed.
- Advanced Skating analysis with DynaSpeed, Laser or timing gates in combination with IMU sensors. Stride frequencey, glide length, glide time etc.
- Split times with Laser test.
- Isometric test termination at defined percentage or predefined time
- Added time to failure to isometric strength test.
- Added system info log.
- Added support for export/import of people.
- Added battery indicator for sensor with battery.
- Updated isometric strength test report.
- Updated speed test report.
- Improved data consistency check on horizontal FV to avoid crash.
- Enabled photocells list in test definition.
- Fixed issue with bar graphs that is not shown in dynamic strength test.
- Fixed issue with load in percentage in dynamic strength test.
- Fixed crash of force test.
- Fixed timer in hopping/rebound jump test.
- Fixed issue with selecting force sensor in test definition.
- Fixed issue with doubled number of step detection sensors.
- Fix: Gait analysis did not save.
- Fix: Force test did not allow several measurements with out saving in between
- Fix: Force test and Force plate test live barograph did not always show.
5111 to 5112
New feature: Measurements on force plate can now be selected to be expressed as a positive or negative number.
Fix: Update of DSU firmware could fail and result in program crash.
Quick Fix: Crash in raw data test when attempting to close a non-existing window
5110 to 5111
Quick Fix: Crash in raw data test when attempting to close a non-existing window.
5100 to 5110
Quick Fix: Firmaware of timing gates is updated to match V10.201.xx.xxxx
Improvement: Position bio-feedback in dynamic strength tests is updated.
5107 to 5109
Quick Fix: Wireless sensores that was swiched off-on during test could be disconnected.
- Wearable sensors can now be linked to person, not only test.
- Power saving for Laser. Automatic turn of when not making tests.
- Implemented Acceleration/Deceleration Ability (ADA) test using Laser.
- Implemented Wireless Laser unit update.
- Implemented Wireless Laser unit pairing.
- Improved Isometric strength test and report.
- Major improvement on dual force plate jump tests and report.
- Improved force plate calibration.
- Live data graph is now running independently of test.
- Added data integrity check into EMG normalization.
- Changed graph scale in Laser sprint.
- Added “Toggle force direction” button for force sensor in test view.
- Optimized horizontal F/V analysis with Laser.
- Changed wireless sensor name format in system check window.
- Updated jump test (contact grid) report.
- Fixed wireless data transfer for segmented test.
- Fixed issue with detecting timestamp offset if there is no data coming from sensors (out of range).
- Fixed issue with incorrect incoming data from wireless force sensor (FW + SW).
- Fixed issue with data transfer for wireless force sensor.
- Fixed issue with C3D data scale for EMG.
- Fixed issues with firmware update.
Older software RELEASES – Not for new installations
Release date: July 10th 2020
This version requires a serial number valid thru February 2020 to install
Changes in this version:
Most recent fixes:
5096 to 5097
Fixed bug: Laser sprint did not alway fetch data from IMU sensors if test was terminated manually.
5095 to 5096
Improvement: Sprint with Laser. Now using F/V calc to determine start time.
Quick fix: Laser unit firmware did not update automatically.
5092 to 5095
Fixed: After updating from 32 bit to 64 bit some raw data might have been inaccessible.
5091 to 5092
Quick fix: Wireless sensor some times did not start recording if opening/closing sensor window from test view.
5087 to 5091
Quick fix: Photo-cells loosing sync if switched off and on
5085 to 5087
Quick fix of a problem related to server version of database.
New features (V10.200.xx.xxxx):
- Added step detection feature for sprint tests, using IMU sensors
- Total distance for sprint with laser can be changed in test view.
- Added Mean Propulsive Velocity (MPV) and Rate of Velocity Development (RVD) for dynamic strength biofeedback.
- Added Flight Length parameter to sprint test.
- Added possibility to use server database.
- Force sensor sample rate selectable 200Hz/1000Hz.
- Test definition name can be changed even if it was used before.
- Raw Data tab is hidden if no raw data shown.
- Load input will be preserved when changing a person in test view.
- Added reports for drop jump and isometric strength tests.
- Added sheets with detailed data for tests that has multiple results.
- Added support of PID (Patient ID) as substitute for people name
- Wireless data transfer totally rewritten and significantly improved.
- EMG normalization value now following the person is valid for different tests.
- Improved force plate calibration
- Improved jump tests on force plate. No longer need for landing on the plate (except DJ)
- Updated test reports
- Reduced light brightness in photocells with light tower to increase battery run time.
- Opening sensor live view while test is running could affect test data.
- Fixed issue in Endurance strength test with concentric start.
- Fixed issue with off sync RMS presentation in raw data view.
- Test view hangs in initializing mode.
- Fixed issue with power calculation in drop jump with force plate.
- Removed spikes in report graphs.
MUSCLELAB Software (32bit version)
Release date: Dec 7th 2018
This version requires a serial number valid thru January 2017 to install.
NOT recommended for new installations! Use this only if you need to reinstall an old installation.
Changes in this version:
No information available
Software for early generation MUSCLELAB
This is the latest version of the software for the old MUSCLELAB system. (3010, 4000/4000e, 4010/4020). This software is no longer supported and there may be some compatibility issues with versions of Windows later than 7/32. However, V8.31 has updated USB driver for use with Windows 10
Changes in this version:
No information available